Run. Wag. Walk for a Cause!
Register now for United Pet Fund’s 3rd annual 5K, the Muttstache Dash. The Muttstache Dash 5K is the largest health-related pet event in the Tri-State area in support of United Pet Fund, an independent 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization providing 100+ regional animal rescues, shelters, and advocacy groups with pet food, cleaning supplies, litter, and other tangible resources.
Join us for a 5K or 1 mile run/walk with your dog around the scenic Summit Park in Blue Ash, Ohio.. Afterwards, join us for our After-Party: Paws in the Park filled with food, pet activities, music, and more.
Come spend this dog-filled day with us!
Includes one dog in the price. One dog only per participant.
Early-Bird pricing ends January 31st at Midnight
Pre-Register pricing ends May 14th at Midnight
Become a Muttstache Dash VIP
Exclusive access to our VIP Lounge on race day. Includes complimentary food and beverage.
VIP Swag, toys, and treats for your pup.
VIP Parking on race day.
VIP Packet Pick-Up -- skip the line and save time.
Only $20 extra per participant
Family friendly, for competitive and recreational runners/walkers and non-aggressive, sociable dogs
First 1,000 pre-registered adult participants will receive a Swag Bag filled with:
T-Shirt – Sizes: Adult S-XXL – Register by May 1st to guarantee a shirt
Swag for your pup
Coupons, information, and other swag from our sponsors
Child participants will receive a t-shirt only. Sizes: Youth S-L
Come for the race – stay for the fun! Join us after the run/walk for our After-Party: Paws in the Park!
Race Day Schedule:
9:15 AM: Packet Pick-Up & Same Day Registration Opens
10:15 AM : Registration Closes
10:20 AM: Warm-Up
10:30 AM: RACE BEGINS!
11:30 AM: Award Ceremony
12 PM – 3PM: After-Party: Paws in the Park
Awards will be given to winners in the following categories:
5K Humans – Overall Fastest Time Winners:
Top 3 males
Top 3 females
Top 3 children 12 and under
5K Human + Dog
Best Human Mustache
Best Dog Mustache
Best Human + Dog Mustache Pair
No dog? No problem! “Test Drive a Dog.” No long-term commitment required. Simply donate to the animal rescue you want to test drive a dog from and they will let you take the dog out for a spin during the 5K or 1 mile walk. Once the race is finished you can bring the dog back or find out more information about how to adopt him/her.
Early Packet Pick-Up: TBA
Same-day packet pick-up opens at 9:15Am on race day in the North Tower Room to the right of the Observation Tower.
No refunds will be issued for this event.
To make this event as pleasant as possible for all involved we ask that all participants with dogs follow a few simple rules:
1. Your dog must be at least 6 months of age, in good health, and current on all vaccinations. Please do not bring a dog who is in heat. For the safety of all participants, if a dog is noted to be aggressive to other dogs or humans, UPF reserves the right to not allow the dog to participate in the run/walk event.
2. Please keep dogs on a 6 foot or shorter lead and have them walk or run close to you. NO RETRACTABLE LEADS are permitted. As people maneuver through the pack during the race, we do not want them to be tripped up with extended leads.
3. Please be certain your dog is comfortable running at your pace before deciding to bring him or her. We want this to be a pleasant experience for everyone, the four-legged participants as well. If your dog is not comfortable running or stops and starts quite a bit, please consider walking with him that day for the safety of the others as well as for the comfort of your pooch.
4. Please pick up after all your dog's messes, including along the route—also a park rule. It is not pleasant for a runner or walker to step in an unexpected surprise! Use the swag-bag dog waste bags when needed. Trash bins will be accessible along the race route.
5. We are encouraging children and families to attend and participate. Pet parents…please be certain to watch your dog's reaction around crowds and especially children. Human parents…please also keep an eye on your child's interactions with the dogs as some dogs are more reactive than others. We want this to be a fun and safe event for all involved!
Please have the questions be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
100% of proceeds benefit the United Pet Fund - a unique non-profit helping 100+ regional animal shelters and rescues get pet food, supplies, and other tangible resources. An effort benefiting over 30,000 animals to date.